Redland City (otherwise known as the Redlands or Redland Shire) is a region in the South East Brisbane area. Some of the suburbs in the area include Victoria Point, Redland Bay, and Alexandra Hills. Today, we’ll have a look at home builders in the Redlands region, be they one of the biggest names in the building industry or a local builder. We’ll also provide links to our builder reviews, and run through the pros and cons of the Redland Bay area.
Is Redlands the right place for me?
Redlands offers a semi-rural lifestyle, and it is a great area for families and retirees. Good opportunity for people looking to build homes in an area with a country town type of vibe.
- A lot of parks and recreation facilities. Fantastic for people who love boating, fishing and nice water views.
- Quieter option than living closer to the city.
- A cheaper option than other suburbs
- Infrastructure is improving.
- Can be a long drive to Brisbane, particularly during peak hours. This is obviously a concern for anyone working in the CBD.
- Internet services are allegedly not great.
- Some reviews have complained about the area having lots of bugs and mosquitos. However, this is an issue in lots of places.
At Buildi, we help you find the right builder, save time, reduce stress and stay on budget.
How We Can Help You
Building a home is one of the biggest decisions you’ll ever make. At Buildi, we’ll be there throughout the entire building process, guiding you step by step so you can avoid any pitfalls. We will help you by following these steps.
- Free Consultation – We will sit with you to understand what you are looking to accomplish.
- Due Diligence – We work with you to ensure you’re buying the right block of land at the right price without hidden problems.
- Builders tender – We will take your requirements out to the market of builders and they will bid to win your business.
- Present solutions – We will compile the top 3 options and present you with a comprehensive proposal on builders’ strengths & weaknesses along with prices and specifications.
- Contract Signing – We will work with you and your selected builder to ensure there is full transparency in what you are entering into.
- Building your home – We work closely with the builder to ensure all service levels are met and your project is on schedule.
House and Land Packages
Split Level Homes
If you’re working with an uneven block on the land, a Split-Level Home design might be the perfect design for your new site. Let’s take a closer look at some of the pros and cons of split level home designs.
Better Use of Space: With a strong design, you’ll end up with more space in your home due to the multi-level layout.
Unique Design: A Split-Level Home design is an opportunity to make the most of custom home building.
Save Money on Excavation Costs: Excavating land is sometimes a necessity, but it comes with its share of risks.
Can Be A Fantastic Way to Make the Most of the View: Many sloping blocks are sold because of the amazing view they come with. A split-level home can be specifically designed to make the most of your surroundings.
A Look That Isn’t for Everyone: Split-level homes often have a unique look. The distinct features that some people will love will inevitably leave others feeling cold.
More Difficult to Renovate: Because of the unique nature of a design, it can be more difficult for renovation, and near impossible if you’re thinking of building extensions, a patio or an extra room.
There Will Be Stairs: A fact of life is that multi-level homes are going to have stairs. For anyone with mobility issues or very young children, you might want to weigh up whether this is the right option for you.
Things to Look Out in a Custom Home Builder
It won’t take you long to realise there are a lot of builders out there, even if you narrow your focus down to bespoke home builders. So, how do you even begin to separate the superstars from the duds? Here are a few things to keep an eye out for deciding on potential builders:
Check their Level of Experience
While we understand everyone starts somewhere, just like the first pancake is never the best, you probably don’t want to risk being a builder’s first home. An ideal custom home builder will have a flexible attitude and the experience and expertise to pull it off. If possible, try to check out some of the builder’s previous work and see if what you think of it.
What is Their Reputation Like?
No builder will have reviews on their website that aren’t glowing, so you’ll need to do some research and find an impartial source. See what previous customers are saying above about whether the builder provides quality workmanship and quality service. Reviews aren’t a guarantee that your builder will be flawless, however, it’s a great way to get a feel of what the builder is like.
Are they Reliable and Responsible?
From our experience, when someone isn’t happy with their builder, one of the most common reasons is a lack of communication and/or deadlines constantly being missed. You naturally want a builder with great attention to detail, but also has a high standard of communication which includes being open and honest about the progress of the build.
They understand your vision and are on the same page as you.
Even if you find an excellent builder who comes with glowing recommendations, you need to be sure they’re the perfect builder for your project. It’s perfectly normal to chat with a builder and get to know them. For advice on finding the right builder for you and your project, give Buildi a call and see how we can help you.
Your dream home
Building a new home is one of the biggest projects you’re likely to be a part of. It’s something that can be a real learning experience, but unfortunately, some mistakes can be costly and cause serious delays to your build. Buildi can not only help you find the right builder for your project, but we’ll also help you throughout the process. This includes attending meetings with the builder, looking over contracts and providing advice with every step of the way.