Beerwah is located in the Sunshine Coast Hinterland near the Glass House Mountains and is the. If you’re on the search for acreage properties or house land packages, Beerwah has a few options available. Let’s take a closer look at the pros and cons of house and land packages in Beerwah, and who’s offering these deals in the Beerwah area.
Whether you’re interested in a house and land package, a custom build or somewhere in between, Buildi is here to help you along the way on your new home journey. Not sure exactly what method suits you or just want to run your ideas by an impartial set of ears? Get in touch with Buildi today.
Home builders that are currently offering house and land packages in Beerwah
What is a house and land package?
A house and land package is a deal in which the buying of the land and the building of the house is combined into a single process, rather than being two completely separate steps. For the most part, house and land packages come about as a result of an agreement between the land developer and the builder.
Advantages of a house and land package
- Less Stamp Duty: With a house and land package, you only need to pay stamp duty on the land component of the deal.
- More Streamlined: The process of building with a house and land package is much more linear than other options, particularly a bespoke home which involves many decisions.
- Potentially Cheaper: As strange as it may sound, it’s often cheaper to build a whole new house than to buy an existing one, particularly if the old house is in a high-demand location.
Drawbacks of a house and land package
- Limited Choice for Location: Due to these packages tending to be most common on developing estates, you’re likely going end up in an outer suburb or somewhere that’s mid-development. If you have a specific location in mind, a knockdown rebuild would afford you more flexibility.
- Lack of Choice: By nature of simplifying the process, you won’t have the same level of flexibility you would with a bespoke builder or even other deals with a pre-existing layout. However, this does vary from builder to builder so it’s worth investigating this.
- Land Value: The biggest indicator of growth is unlikely to be the house itself, but rather the land. We’ve all heard stories of a rundown shack by the beach selling for millions, which just proves a great location is what brings in the big bucks. With a development estate property, most of the value will be in the house, which does tend to hinder potential growth in the long run.
- Less chance to add value: For anyone looking to turn a profit, one of the oldest tricks in the book is to renovate to speed up the value increase of the house. However, with a new property, a renovation isn’t going to greatly improve things and therefore may not be worth the investment.
Is a house and land package a good choice for first home buyers?
A house and land package will suit some first home buyers and not others. However, it’ll depend on your own specific circumstances, the building company you’re working with, your lifestyle, your budget and what you’re hoping to achieve with your home.
Buildi can help you find the perfect home for you. In addition to helping you find the best builder for your build, we’ll be there every step of the way to help bring your dream home to life.
Why build in Beerwah?
Beerwah has a great relaxed atmosphere, surrounded by the beauty of the Sunshine Coast Hinterland. For anyone looking for acreage property or a family home in a peaceful area, Beerwah has a lot of potential.
Has a train station
Beautiful, rural surroundings
Great for anyone who wants a life in the country.
Though there are facilities, you will need to travel for certain things.
Not much nightlife and restaurant options are limited
Quick Stats for Beerwah:
Median House Price: $735,000
Median weekly rent: $560 (houses) $410 (Units)
Rental Yield: 3.96%
Popular home design options in Beerwah?
Single Storey House Designs
Double Storey House Designs
Split Level House Designs
Acreage House Designs
We can help you find the best house and land packages in Beerwah – free of charge!
How We Can Help You
Building a home is one of the biggest decisions you’ll ever make. At Buildi, we’ll be there throughout the entire building process, guiding you step by step so you can avoid any pitfalls. We will help you by following these steps.
- Free Consultation – We will sit with you to understand what you are looking to accomplish.
- Due Diligence – We work with you to ensure you’re buying the right block of land at the right price without hidden problems.
- Builders tender – We will take your requirements out to the market of builders and they will bid to win your business.
- Present solutions – We will compile the top 3 options and present you with a comprehensive proposal on builders’ strengths & weaknesses along with prices and specifications.
- Contract Signing – We will work with you and your selected builder to ensure there is full transparency in what you are entering into.
- Building your home – We work closely with the builder to ensure all service levels are met and your project is on schedule.