Looking to move to the beautiful Sunshine Coast? Caloundra has some of the Sunshine Coast’s best beaches which naturally leads to a relaxed, coastal lifestyle. Popular with families, retirees and everyone in between, Caloundra is known for its a mixture of suburban, city and beach lifestyles. Today’s article is all about house and land packages in Caloundra, with links to our builder reviews and a rundown of the pros and cons of this beautiful area.
Whether you’re after a house and land package, need help finding yourself the best builder or want some advice on the building process, our friendly team is here to help. Get in touch today for a free consultation!
Home builders that are currently offering house and land packages in Caloundra
Caloundra Local Builders
Coast Life Homes
Dwyer Quality Homes
GJ Gardner Homes
Homes by CMA
Porter Davis Homes
What is a house and land package?
A house and land package is a bundle deal in which the purchasing of a block of land and the selecting of a builder and home design are streamlined into a single process.
Display Villages in Caloundra
Caloundra is home to the Aura Master Planned Community by Stockland, which naturally means there is a range of builders offering Aura house and land packages. You’ll also have the opportunity to visit their display homes. This offers you a chance to check out a builder’s work and home designs.
Advantages of a house and land package
- More Streamlined: The process of building with a house and land package is much more linear than other options, particularly a bespoke home which involves many decisions.
- Potentially Cheaper: Buying an existing house can be an expensive proposition due to the value of the land, so a new house and land package can often turn out to be the cheaper option.
- Less Stamp Duty: One of the advantages of a house and land package is you’ll only have to pay stamp duty on the land proportion of your deal.
Drawbacks of a house and land package
- Hidden Costs: With any building project, you need to be crystal clear on what you’re paying for and what’s included in the quoted price.
- Lack of Choice: Everything action has a reaction and by simplifying the build process, you, unfortunately, do sacrifice flexibility and choice in your build.
- Land Value: The biggest indicator of growth is unlikely to be the house itself, but rather the land. We’ve all heard stories of a rundown shack by the beach selling for millions, which just proves a great location is what brings in the big bucks. With a development estate property, most of the value will be in the house, which does tend to hinder potential growth in the long run.
Is a house and land package a good choice for first home buyers?
Whether a house and land package is ideal for a first home buyer depends on personal circumstances. However, for someone with a specific vision for their brand new home, a bespoke builder be a better fit.
Why build in Caloundra?
Caloundra is popular for retirees and also could provide a bright future for your family
- Educational facilities include an urban university, high schools and primary schools.
- Lots of facilities including village shopping centres, walking paths, beaches and 0ver 200km of future bikeways.
- A growing area with a lot of potentials.
- Peak season (summer, school and public holidays) can be hectic. Don’t expect your own secluded slice of paradise.
- Public transport is okay, but nothing spectacular. On nights out, you’ll probably need a taxi or an uber.
Popular home design options in Caloundra
Single Storey Homes
Coastal Luxe Designs
Double Storey Homes
We can help you find the best house and land packages in Caloundra – free of charge!
At Buildi, we help you find the right builder, save time, reduce stress and stay on budget.
How We Can Help You
Building a home is one of the biggest decisions you’ll ever make. At Buildi, we’ll be there throughout the entire building process, guiding you step by step so you can avoid any pitfalls. We will help you by following these steps.
- Free Consultation – We will sit with you to understand what you are looking to accomplish.
- Due Diligence – We work with you to ensure you’re buying the right block of land at the right price without hidden problems.
- Builders tender – We will take your requirements out to the market of builders and they will bid to win your business.
- Present solutions – We will compile the top 3 options and present you with a comprehensive proposal on builders’ strengths & weaknesses along with prices and specifications.
- Contract Signing – We will work with you and your selected builder to ensure there is full transparency in what you are entering into.
- Building your home – We work closely with the builder to ensure all service levels are met and your project is on schedule.