Want to build your dream home in South East Queensland but find property in the city a little above your budget? A great alternative is to investigate some of the neighbouring cities. Caboolture is located an hour from the Brisbane CBD and around 45 minutes to the Sunshine Coast, so is a great middle-ground for the two areas. We’ll have a look at display homes in the Riverbank estate in Caboolture South and local builders you can hire for your new dream house. We’re going to examine the pros and cons of virtual display home tours: can you get all the benefits of visiting a display home without having to get out of your pyjamas? We’ll also provide some links to our guides to display homes in the North Brisbane area.
Visiting a display home can be great for inspiration or to give you an idea of the latest home designs. However, it’s not an essential step in the build process, especially if you’re thinking of a custom home. Expert advice is best from an impartial source, which you won’t get from a salesperson representing a local builder.
Caboolture Display Home plans, style & design
There are a range of land packages if you’re looking for a site for your new home. Riverbank currently have a few blocks available on the estate. Lot sizes range from 335m2 to 445m2.
House and Land Packages
There are no house and land packages currently for sale at Riverbank, but we will provide updates when this changes.
Virtual Display Home Tours
Being able to visit a display home online has been an option for over a decade now, but this choice has come into its own since the pandemic began in 2020. Is it really possible to get the same experience from a virtual tour as being there in person? Are there actually some advantages to this approach, let’s have a look at some pros and cons.
- No need to leave the home: You get to check out a home design without the hassle of leaving your own home. It also allows you to visit numerous houses in a shorter amount of time.
- Great for a first step: It’s a great way to have a first look at home. If you don’t like it, you don’t even have to say goodbye to the salesperson. However, if you do want to find out more, you can always pursue it further.
- Open 24/7: If you’re working full-time and have the kids to pick up from school, it doesn’t leave a lot of room to visit a display home, especially if they’re open 10-4. Online virtual tours are available at your convenience, so they’re much easier to work into your busy schedule.
- No opportunity to speak to a sales consultant: While you may have a chat box in the corner, you might not find this as helpful depending on the enquiry type as it can be trickier to get your point across in text.
- You won’t get a feel for the neighbourhood: Not a big issue if you’re just interested in the design, but if you’re looking to buy in a specific estate, you’re obviously interested in the neighbourhood itself.
- Certain physical attributes will be difficult to judge: While you can get an idea of size from an online tour, elements such as lighting and temperature won’t translate in this medium.
Caboolture display village home builders
There 10 different display homes from 9 local builders in Riverbank and they are all available to tour online on their website.
The Lockyer 3
How We Can Help You
Building a home is one of the biggest decisions you’ll ever make. At Buildi, we’ll be there throughout the entire building process, guiding you step by step so you can avoid any pitfalls. We will help you by following these steps.
- Free Consultation – We will sit with you to understand what you are looking to accomplish.
- Due Diligence – We work with you to ensure you’re buying the right block of land at the right price without hidden problems.
- Builders tender – We will take your requirements out to the market of builders and they will bid to win your business.
- Present solutions – We will compile the top 3 options and present you with a comprehensive proposal on builders’ strengths & weaknesses along with prices and specifications.
- Contract Signing – We will work with you and your selected builder to ensure there is full transparency in what you are entering into.
- Building your home – We work closely with the builder to ensure all service levels are met and your project is on schedule.
Caboolture Display Home location
Is Caboolture the right area for me?
There are a lot of good things about Caboolture including its proximity to both the Sunshine Coast and Brisbane. It’s closer to areas like Morayfield and North Lakes. Though once known as a more rural area, it has since become more developed with estates. Your dollar is going to go a lot further somewhere like Caboolture than it would in inner suburbs like Paddington or Ascot.
Caboolture has a mixed reputation when it comes to crime and safety. It also lacks a lot of the attractions and dining options that other areas offer, however you can travel to other locations. The job market tends to favour those in a trade over those in office jobs, though it depends on the particular job. Don’t be surprised, however, if you need to travel out of town for work.