Located south of Brisbane, Ipswich is one of the oldest districts in Queensland, with a rich history and vibrant community to show for it. In the local area of the Ipswich region, there are a lot of display homes to visit, especially in the display centres found in Springfield Lakes, Spring Mountain and Ripley. This article is all about where you can find homes on display in Ipswich, with links provided to various builder reviews and more in-depth articles about the display villages.
Ipswich is a promising area for anyone looking to buy property for a reasonable price for their dream home. It’s better suited for someone after a forever home for their family rather than an investment property you plan to sell down the road. For families, professionals or professional couples, Ipswich could be an affordable alternative to living in Brisbane, so long as they’re okay with travelling.
Tips when visiting display homes
- Display Homes can be great for inspiration and as an indication of a builder’s quality, but they’re basically advertisements, so if something seems too good to be true, it probably is.
- Not all you see will be a standard inclusion and, like the glossy pictures you see on builder websites, the display home may depict fixtures and features that are upgraded. When you ask the new home consultant about the inclusions you’ll likely discover many features such as landscaping, fixtures and swimming pools will cost extra beyond your quoted price.
- Research beforehand: Going in blind is never a great idea. Try to find out about display homes that match what you want. You’ll save a lot of time if you research builders as well and get an idea if they’re right for you.
- Use this opportunity to get ask questions and get more details
- Seek an impartial opinion: As useful as visiting a display home can be, it’s important to remember that everyone there works for the builder. They’re unlikely to tell you if there are any flaws with the design, and if you don’t know what to look for, it’s easy for them to slip by. Buildi can help you find the perfect builder for your dream home!
Check out our video to pick up some more handy tips:
There is land selling in the Ripley Estate with prices starting at $258,000. The blocks range in size from 464m2-565m2. There isn’t any land currently available in Springfield Rise though there may be future releases.
Land in Ipswich tends to cost between $210,000-450,000, depending on the size and location.
Most websites will have regular updates regarding new releases. You can also contact the developer to get a more complete picture of what land is available and what future releases are in store.
House & land packages
None of the estates is currently selling house and land packages. Below is an example of the type of packages that would be available at Springfield Rises.
Ipswich display villages home builders
Providence Display Village is a master-planned community located in Ripley Valley which has 29 homes from 14 home builders. Found in South Ripley, about 45 minutes drive from the Brisbane CBD, it offers scenic, rural surroundings and a community atmosphere suitable for families after a mix of city and country life.
Located in Greater Springfield, the estate is 15 minutes away from Springfield central and thirty-five minutes from the Brisbane CBD. Spring Mountain has access to facilities including parks, shopping centres, schools and medical facilities. Worth checking out for anyone who likes a nature walk, and the rural, community feel. They have one of the largest display villages in southeast Queensland, with over 21 home designs.
G.J. Gardner Homes
Need help finding the right design and builder for you?
At Buildi, we help you find the right builder, save time, reduce stress and stay on budget.
How We Can Help You
Building a home is one of the biggest decisions you’ll ever make. At Buildi, we’ll be there throughout the entire building process, guiding you step by step so you can avoid any pitfalls. We will help you by following these steps.
- Free Consultation – We will sit with you to understand what you are looking to accomplish.
- Due Diligence – We work with you to ensure you’re buying the right block of land at the right price without hidden problems.
- Builders tender – We will take your requirements out to the market of builders and they will bid to win your business.
- Present solutions – We will compile the top 3 options and present you with a comprehensive proposal on builders’ strengths & weaknesses along with prices and specifications.
- Contract Signing – We will work with you and your selected builder to ensure there is full transparency in what you are entering into.
- Building your home – We work closely with the builder to ensure all service levels are met and your project is on schedule.
Is Ipswich the right area for me?
Ipswich has a mixture of the suburban and rural which gives it more of a town feel than a lot of suburbs closer to Brisbane or the Gold Coast. It has a lot of local schools and shopping facilities, and some nice scenic areas. In terms of entertainment, while it does have some options, for bigger events (concerts, sporting events, etc), you’re likely to head to the Gold Coast or Brisbane.
Ipswich has a livability rating of 56.7 out of 100 which is below both the state average (66.3) and the national average (66.1). For work, you’ll likely have to travel elsewhere as Ipswich isn’t an economic hotspot. The public transport is decent with a trip to the Brisbane CBD taking around 45mins-1hr, depending on which train you catch.
On the plus side, land in Ipswich is cheaper than other areas surrounding Brisbane, so if you’re looking for a decent block of land at a good price.