Looking into building a dream home with Plantation Homes in South East Queensland, but not sure what to expect price-wise? Guessing how much your home Plantation Home building journey will end up costing is impossible without the specifics, however, we can have a look at what the builder has to offer. Today’s article is all about Plantation Homes Prices, including base design prices and inclusions.
As with any builder, it’s best to not put much stock in Plantation Homes’ advertised prices as they could differ wildly when it comes to your own build. You’ll get a better idea of how much your house will cost after speaking to a salesperson, and providing them with some details about your specific build. We recommend preparing to pay at least another 20-25% extra cost than the base price.
Some Quick Advice when looking at house prices!
We really can’t stress enough that you should take the quoted prices on the website with a grain of salt. Building a house involves a lot of steps and it’s impossible to blindly predict how much your home will cost without further information, like the block of land you’re working with. Sometimes, even the most standard inclusions aren’t included in the advertised price and you’re not going to get far without any of those!
What you can do is get someone on your side who knows the building game inside out. At Buildi, we’re here for you! We can help you through your building journey. We can look over any contracts and discuss any proposals the builder offers, and tell you whether you’re getting a great deal or if anything doesn’t sit right.
Single Storey Homes
Plantation Homes has 18 different single home designs for you to see on their website. They range from smaller three-bedroom floorplans to larger homes for bigger blocks of land. For people getting into the property market for the first time, single storey homes are a popular choice, due to their affordability.
The Cheapest Single Storey Homes is the Ava with 3 bedrooms.
The most expensive home is the Lexington 32. Details below:
House Area: 300.3m2
When it comes to larger rural homes, Plantation Homes are limited in their choices. Plantation Homes has one acreage home design called Colorado. If you’re interested in an acreage home, we’d recommend checking out designs by other builders, even if it’s just so you have something to compare to.
House Size: 347.5m2
Lot Width: 31m+
Plantation Homes have 15 double-storey homes. Two of these designs (Brighton, Verona) can be made to fit on a 10m width property.
House Area: 243.5m2
Home Width: 10m
House area: 496.9m2
Home width: 18m
Narrow block Homes
Three 4 bedrooms homes, Two 4 bedroom houses.
3 Bedroom Homes
Some three-bedroom house designs are also available with four bedrooms, so you do have options.
4 Bedroom Homes
5 Bedroom Homes
There are two 5 bedroom homes available from Plantation Homes. One is a variation of the Majestic design while the other is the Valletta 54. This is a double storey home with a house size of 499.7 m2.
Lot width: 14+
With vacant lots in prime locations being harder to come by, knockdown rebuilds are becoming a popular option, with most builders offering this service. Plantation Homes is no different. Prices will depend on the specifics of your project. To secure a quote will set you back $2,500. The overall price depends on a lot of things, including what design house you plan to build after the knock-down.
Like most knockdown rebuilds offered by builders, Plantation Home expects you to organise the actual demolition. The average cost of demolition in QLD is $9,500, but this varies widely. Even whether the house your knocking down is made from timber or brick affects the price of the demolition (brick costs slightly more).
Building a new home can be a daunting process. At Buildi, we work with you throughout the entire build process to avoid any pitfalls and make sure your house build stays on time and on budget by following these simple steps
- Free Consultation – We will sit with you to understand what you are looking to accomplish.
- Due Diligence – We work with you to ensure you’re buying the right block of land at the right price without hidden problems.
- Builders tender – We will take your requirements out to the market of builders and they will bid to win your business.
- Present solutions – We will compile the top 3 options and present you with a comprehensive proposal on builders’ strengths & weaknesses along with prices and specifications.
- Contract Signing – We will work with you and your selected builder to ensure there is full transparency in what you are entering into.
- Building your home – We work closely with the builder to ensure all service levels are met and your project is on schedule.
Costs for inclusions and upgrades
Inclusions are what make your house feel like your home. s, Odds are there will be extra costs like a soil test, Plantation Homes have two levels of inclusions Essence and Luxury. Essence is basically another way of saying ‘standard inclusions’ focused more on affordability and getting good value, whereas Luxury is more luxurious and is Plantation’s premium range.
Before we show what each range includes, here are some features neither package covers:
- Driveway (industry cost is ~$100/m2) so allow between $6,000-$10,000 depending on how much is required
- Floor covering (industry cost for basic floor covering is ~$65/m2 on a 300m2 highset house there is approx. 227m2 floor covering) overall cost of ~$14,800. Keep in mind if you are looking to have hardwood timber floors then be prepared to pay >$200/m2
- No window covering – how much extra this will cost varies a lot from person to person and the style of the house.
The Essence collection is the standard inclusions range, summed up in the slogan ‘Simplicity and Style’. Let’s have a look at some of what Plantation Homes includes as standard features:
- 20mm creaser stone benchtop
- Tile splashback
- Stainless steel sink
- Soft close draws
- Techinika appliances
- Undermount rangehood 600mm
- Ceramic cooktop 600mm
- Electric oven 600mm
- 20mm benchtop -your choice of 250 colours
- Chrome Tail Rail
- Cabinetry – laminated with choice of handles.
- Colorbond steel roof in choice of 22 colours
- 3 garage transmitters
Premium inclusions will add roughly $30,000 to your home price. Here is a list of what you can expect with your luxury inclusions.