Looking to build your dream home in South East Queensland? In this article, we’re looking at the Park Ridge Estate display homes. We’ll take a look at land prices, which builders have display homes in the estate and who the area is best suited for.
Park Ridge is part of Logan City centrally located south of Brisbane City and north of the Gold Coast. Areas like Logan are becoming more popular as properties nearer to Brisbane are becoming more difficult to find.
Carvers Reach Display village plans, style & design overview
Carver’s Reach currently doesn’t have any land for sale. Land sizes range from 350m2 and 530m2, with most falling between 400-450m2.
House and land package
There are currently no house and land packages available in the Carver’s Reach estate, however, there are packages available in the Park Ridge.
In the Park Ridges area, we’ve found that house and land package tend to be between 500,000-780,000 for a four-bedroom house.
Here is the masterplan for Carver’s Reach Estate:
Park Ridge Estate location
The display village address is Cypress Street, Park Ridge, QLD 4125. Different display houses have different opening hours with some being only available to visit by appointment only. For the most up-to-date display times, contact the builder.
Park Ridge Estate display village home builders
Park Ridge Estate has 12 different display homes, all of which would suit a family. Most of the display homes are single-storey (with the exception of Metricon’s Merrick 34) so if you’re looking to build a double-storey, you’ll want to visit another display village.
Bawa Builders began in the Northern Suburbs of Melbourne and specialise in building luxury homes. They also offer custom home building and knockdown rebuilds. The floorplans on their website are all single storey homes, so it is unclear if they also build double storey homes as well.
Visit by appointment only.
We cannot find much information on this display home.
Home area: 235m2
The Raine 26 is a single storey, four-bedroom home suitable for lot widths of 12.50m and above.
Home area: 238m2
The Dusk 27 is also a single-storey with four bedrooms, though it is slightly larger and has a different layout. There isn’t a huge difference in starting prices between the Raine and Dusk designs and both would be worth considering for anyone with a tighter budget.
Home area: 248m2
Open Sat-Wed 10am-5pm
Home Area: 226.7m2 4 Bedroom 2.5 Bathroom
DR Homes are a Brisbane based builder who build between Caboolture and the Gold Coast and specialise in South East Queensland Homes. Their home designs cover a broad range, including single-storey, double-storey and acreage homes.
Visits by appointment only
The Crawford 23 by DR Homes is a smaller, single-family home. It has four bedrooms, all located towards the front of the house, while the outdoor, kitchen and living areas are located at the back of the home. Worth a look for anyone wanting to build a smaller family home that incorporates open-plan living.
Hallmark Homes’ display homes can be viewed Sat-Wed from 10am-5pm.
The Banksia 229 has a house area of 228.54m2 and requires a min block width of 12.5m
The Manly 200 is the smaller of the two options from Hallmark Homes. With a floor area of 200.04m2
Open for viewing 7 days 10am-5pm
The Merricks is the only double-storey home on display at Parkridge. With a min block width of just 14m, this design can help you get the most out of a smaller block.
Home area: 318.5m2
Delta is one of Metricon’s most versatile floorplans with 13 different layouts to choose from.
Home area: 224.7m2
Simonds Homes has two display homes to visit.
The Dunbar requires a min lot width of 14m.
Home Area: 270m2
The Marion is a smaller option than the Dunbar. With a house area of 209.09m2 (min block width:12.50m), it still includes four bedrooms, two bathrooms. From the entrance, you can see all the way down the hallway to the back of the house, where the open plan living area is located
OJ Pippin is a Brisbane builder who specialises in custom building, turnkey services, knockdown rebuilds and, house and land packages. Would be of particular interest to anyone looking to build a bespoke home.
Open Mon 1pm-5pm
The Airlie 235
The Airlie is a four-bedroom single storey home on display from OJ Pippin. Details about this home aren’t readily available, so contact the builder for more information.
Home Area: 234.9m2
Orbit Homes was founded in 1979 and they build in the following areas:
- Burpengary East
- Mango Hill
- South MacLean
- Spring Mountain.
Orbit Homes have the Caulfield 256 design on display at Carver’s Reach. It is a four-bedroom, single storey house design, with bedrooms along one side of the plan, open living area across the other. It has a home Area: 255.7m2
With a house area of 246.9m2, the Resort 248s can fit on a lot 14m+ wide. The floorplan features 4 bedrooms, two bathrooms and a large open plan living area.
At Buildi, we help you find the right home builder, save time, reduce stress and stay on budget.
How We Can Help You
Building a home is one of the biggest decisions you’ll ever make. At Buildi, we’ll be there throughout the entire building process, guiding you step by step so you can avoid any pitfalls. We will help you by following these steps.
- Free Consultation – We will sit with you to understand what you are looking to accomplish.
- Due Diligence – We work with you to ensure you’re buying the right block of land at the right price without hidden problems.
- Builders tender – We will take your requirements out to the market of builders and they will bid to win your business.
- Present solutions – We will compile the top 3 options and present you with a comprehensive proposal on builders’ strengths & weaknesses along with prices and specifications.
- Contract Signing – We will work with you and your selected home builder to ensure there is full transparency in what you are entering into.
- Building your home – We work closely with the home builder to ensure all service levels are met and your project is on schedule.
Is Park Ridge Estate the right area for me?
Park Ridge is a growing suburb, being a key suburb in the Logan council’s plan to build 89,000 new dwellings by 2041. Park Ridge is best suited to families, professionals and those who want suburban life without being too far from the city. Here are some things to consider before moving to Park Ridge:
- Good commute to Brisbane: For those working in the city, you could definitely do worse. Park Ridge is in proximity to both Brisbane and the Gold Coast.
- A lot of families in the area: Park Ridge is attracting a lot of families and professionals, becoming a more desirable location.
- The estate is close to parks, forests, creeks and playgrounds.
- The area has a lot of new infrastructure being built.
- More affordable than other suburbs: with land in high demand (meaning some prices are far beyond what most people could afford), a lot of homebuyers are looking for cheaper areas to build their new home.
- Property prices are expected to rise: this could be good for both families and investors.
- Still in a rebuilding stage: This bodes well for the future, there may be some short term growing pains.
- Land on the estate has sold out: while this doesn’t mean you can’t find land in Park Ridge, you’ll have a tough time getting a place on the estate.
- For younger couples or those who want to the city life at their doorstep, it might be better to live in the city.
- In the next twenty years, the population is expected to grow from 313,800 people to 586,000. Whether this is a plus or not will depend on what your goals are.
- Population growth doesn’t necessarily mean capital growth. In fact, it might take a few years before your land increases in value.
Other nearby display village options
Display Homes are a great way to get a feel for a home design. Here are a few other display centres nearby we’ve reviewed on the site:
For those on the Sunshine Coast, here are some options: