Adenbrook Homes was founded in 2001. They build across Australia’s East-coast including Greater Sydney, Brisbane and Melbourne. Their business model is that they’re a collection of local builders united under a national brand. They specialise in single and double-storey homes with some acreage and narrow lot options. But are Adenbrook Homes the right builder for your dream home?
In our Builder Review, we’re going to look at what real customers are saying about Adenbrook homes. Both the great and not so great. Here’s our top pros and cons we’ve gathered from what people have said online:
- Good at sticking to a budget
- Usually finish their projects in a timely manner, even during the pandemic
- Extensive range of designs if you’re looking for single or double-storey homes.
- Poor communication, not only with customers but within the company itself.
- Issues with handovers. Properties don’t meet up with homeowners expectations.
- A few of their branches have gone bust.
- Not many display homes in Queensland.
Adenbrook Homes Reviews:
Let’s have a look at what real customers are saying about their building experience with Adenbrook homes. Their rating on Productreview.com.au is 4.4 from 239 reviews. For the Brisbane branch, the score 3.7 from 19 reviews, which isn’t a spectacular score, but it’s also a small sample size.
To Adenbrook Homes credit, they do reply to reviews, both positive and negative.
There are customers who are extremely happy with their new house and would definitely recommend Adenbrook homes. Like most positive reviews, customers who had a good experience with Adenbrook homes had a smooth building process, had exceptional customer service. In this review, the customer was impressed with the Adenbrook team and the build was finished ahead of schedule.
The North Brisbane branch only has five reviews but they’re extremely positive and highly recommend Adenbrook Homes. The below reviewer says they felt nothing was too much trouble for the Adenbrook team, and their new home has gotten praise from others.
Let’s have a look at what customers didn’t like about building with Adenbrook homes. As with a lot of builders, we’ve found scores vary depending on the location. For example, the Gold Coast branch has 5 stars from 11 reviews, while the Greater Brisbane location has a less flattering 3.7 from 19 reviews.
From the bad reviews we’ve read, there have been a few reoccurring issues. One of these is a few clients complaining of poor communication, both with head office and the site supervisor. Good, open communication is critical to a good relationship with your builder which, in turn, is critical to the whole process going well.
In the following review, the customer mentions the franchise owner dissolved towards the end of the build. They feel like the job was rushed because of this and this shows in the final product.
Leading on from the poor communication, the negative reviews mention a lack of satisfaction about the lack of quality workmanship Poor final product and build quality. Issues post-handover, including Adenbrook being unresponsive to outright refusing to fix flaws.
Adenbrook Homes House & Land Packages
Adenbrook homes have a range of House and Land Packages in places areas across Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Gold Coast, Tweed and Northern Rivers. These include a few different designs, including single-storey and double-storey homes. Prices range from $500,000-1m depending on location and home designs type.
The cheapest house and land package we could find (at time of writing), is a four-bedroom, 2 bathroom house in Ripley, selling at $475,204. The house area is 320m2.
The most expensive house and land package from Adenbrook homes is in Northgate. It’s a Boston home design selling for $999,779.
Adenbrook Home Designs
Let’s have a look at the home designs and prices. Any prices you see on the website will be a base price, so expect to pay at least 15-30% more.
Here are some of the services Adenbrook Homes offer:
- Sloping/Split Level
- Knock Down Rebuild
- Granny Flat
- First Home Buyers
- Investment Property Builds
Single Storey Homes:
Adenbrook Homes has 26 Single Storey Home designs.
The smallest design is the Dawson at 141.8m2. This still includes 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and a 1 car garage.
The largest floorplan that isn’t an acreage home is The Penn which comes in at 315.2m2
Adenbrook Homes have three Acreage home designs called the Beacon, the Bellevue, the Winslet. While this gives you a couple of options, there are definitely builders with more variety in Acerage Homes.
Adenbrook Homes has 16 Two-Storey Home Designs:
The smallest two-storey design is the Sapphire with a frontage of 8.5m and floor area 222.8m2.
The largest is the Paterson. Frontage: 15.6m. Floor area: 462.9m2.
Adenbrook Homes has 12 options for those looking to build on a lot width less than 12m. This is a common issue for people buying in the city or those on a budget.
Building a home can be a daunting process. At Buildi, we work with you throughout the entire build process to avoid any pitfalls and make sure your house build stays on time and on budget by following these simple steps
- Free Consultation – We will sit with you to understand what you are looking to accomplish.
- Due Diligence – We work with you to ensure you’re buying the right block of land at the right price without hidden problems.
- Builders tender – We will take your requirements out to the market of builders and they will bid to win your business.
- Present solutions – We will compile the top 3 options and present you with a comprehensive proposal on builders’ strengths & weaknesses along with prices and specifications.
- Contract Signing – We will work with you and your selected builder to ensure there is full transparency in what you are entering into.
- Building your home – We work closely with the builder to ensure all service levels are met and your project is on schedule.
Tips when building with Adenbrook Homes
- When you read reviews, make sure they’re for the location you’re thinking of building with. Different branches have different teams.
- A few Adenbrook homes have gone under so be sure your builder is in a good financial position before you sign up with them.
- Adenbrook Homes don’t have many (if any) display homes in Queensland, so it can be difficult to get an idea of what their house looks like in person.
Adenbrook Homes Locations
There are three Adenbrook Homes locations in South East Queensland
Greater Brisbane area
Gold Coast Team