Ausmar Homes are a South-East Queensland builder that has been operating in Brisbane and the Sunshine Coast for nearly 30 years. Their building area is from the Gympie region to the Gold Coast and everywhere in between. If you’re searching for home builders in South-East Queensland, Ausmar Homes will come up on your radar, especially if you’re considering a custom home. The question is, are they the right builder for your dream home? Today, we’ll look into what people are saying online about Ausmar Homes, as well as have a look at what they’ve got to offer in terms of designs and inclusions.
What we like ✅
- Custom Options including custom builds
- Know the Sunshine Coast area well
- Reportedly have a good relationship with customers throughout the build.
- Flexible with changes (especially compared with other builders)
What we didn’t like⛔️:
- Some issues with communication, mostly in the early stages
- Customers have mentioned delays in builds (Ausmar have be upfront about this though)
- A couple of infringments on their QBCC record.
Ausmar Home Reviews
Let’s have a look at what people are saying about Ausmar Homes. When it comes to reviews online, we try to find reviews from completed builds if possible, because while a nice experience with the sales team is wonderful, it won’t mean much if the final product isn’t up to scratch.
Compared to some of the bigger name builders, there aren’t a lot of Ausmar Home Reviews on Product Reviews, however, of the ones we could find, they were overwhelmingly positive.
The positive reviews emphasize open communication of Ausmar Homes during the build and their flexibility with any change in the design (even after the contract has been signed). This is a huge plus, as a lot of builders have a ‘my way or the highway’ response to changes. Another plus is that the reviewers we’ve found don’t feel unfairly penalised by their want/need to change things with their plans. From our experience, some builders will ask for the sky if you ask for any alterations to the plans, if it’s during the designing stages. We’re talking thousands, sometimes tens of thousands, of dollars! In the below review, the site supervisor in this new build was very helpful and the customers say they’d work with Ausmar Homes again.
The relatively small amount of reviews online (especially compared to larger builders) limits the amount of data for us to draw on. With more reviews, it is easier to find re-occurring problems and get a better overall picture of a builder’s flaws. Of the few bad reviews we could find of Ausmar, they emphasised the common complaints people have during a bad building experience (regardless of the builder). These things include poor communication and deadlines not being met.
The above review mentions a poor experience with the builder who didn’t meet the customer’s expectations. An issue this customer had was with the builder not keeping materials dry and not accounting for poor weather.
Where do Ausmar Homes Build?
Ausmar Homes is very much a South East Queensland Builder. They build as far north as the Gympie region and as far south as Burleigh Heads. If you’re unsure if you’re part of this area, it’s best to contact your nearest Ausmar Homes branch.
Ausmar Homes House & Land Packages
On their website, Ausmar has four House & Land Packages, all of which are four-bedroom homes with 2 bathrooms. These packages are priced between $780,000-900,000.
These are homes are in D’Aguiliar and Delaneys Creek, two suburbs next to each other, west of the Caboolture area.
Ausmar Home Designs & Services
Single Storey Homes:
Associated with living in the country, Acreage Home Designs go hand in hand with rural living. Ausmar Homes offers a variety of Acreage Homes. The minimum for an acreage block is around 4,000m2 but can be much larger. A distinguishing feature of acreage homes is their width is bigger than their length. Acreage homes are associated with country living, and with a lot of rural areas in South East Queensland, it is a popular choice for those with large properties.
With blocks of land becoming harder to come by, knockdown rebuilds are becoming a popular option for new home builders. As the name suggests, a knockdown rebuild is where you knock down a pre-existing dwelling in order to build a new home in its place.
Have you been looking at design after design and still can’t find anything that quite says you? Then perhaps a custom is the option for you. Ausmar Homes offer custom home builds and are very flexible with their designs. There are a few reasons why someone may choose to build a custom home including:
- Have a specific vision for their new home that none of the standard designs quite capture.
- Want to have a bigger role in designing the home.
- Mobility and/or health issues require a home to include ramps or other features to assist in everyday living.
- Working with a challenging block of land requires a specialised design.
Custom homes are on average more expensive than standard designs. This is due to more work being required, from design to the builder adapting to the unique design and the construction challenges that will come with this. Ausmar is pretty flexible with their pre-existing home plans, so whether it is worth creating a floor plan from scratch will depend on how unique your ideas are.
Are you a Brisbane Broncos supporter or a die-hard Queensland fan? Darren Lockyer became a brand ambassador for Ausmar Homes in 2017, which has led to the Lockyer Collection. Lockyer played a role in customising these six designs, focussing on functionality and family-friendly layouts. We’ll give it to Ausmar, they’re the first builder we’ve come across so far that have had an origin player help design their homes.
At Buildi, we help you find the right builder, save time, reduce stress and stay on budget.
How We Can Help You
Building a home is one of the biggest decisions you’ll ever make. At Buildi, we’ll be there throughout the entire building process, guiding you step by step so you can avoid any pitfalls. We will help you by following these steps.
- Free Consultation – We will sit with you to understand what you are looking to accomplish.
- Due Diligence – We work with you to ensure you’re buying the right block of land at the right price without hidden problems.
- Builders tender – We will take your requirements out to the market of builders and they will bid to win your business.
- Present solutions – We will compile the top 3 options and present you with a comprehensive proposal on builders’ strengths & weaknesses along with prices and specifications.
- Contract Signing – We will work with you and your selected builder to ensure there is full transparency in what you are entering into.
- Building your home – We work closely with the builder to ensure all service levels are met and your project is on schedule.
Ausmar Homes build timeline
On their website Ausmar have posted an open letter, stating they won’t be able to meet their usual deadlines due to Covid restrictions and the resulting labour and material shortages. Usually, the expected time for a build would be between 12-16 weeks. However, Ausmar Homes have stated that with the current situation, home builders should expect a home to take up to 26 weeks to build. They’re hardly the only business to be affected by the pandemic, but hopefully, things will start returning to normal sooner rather than later. This is the case with a lot of builders, so credit to Ausmar for being upfront with this information.
A lot of customers want to know what features will be included with the base price. The following are listed as standard inclusions on all Sunshine Coast builds:
- Site access during construction (appointment required).
- Site Works included
- Soil Test, Contour Surveys, Pre-Lodgement Bers Assessment Council Searches and All Engineering Included
- Insulation Paper to External Walls
- M Class Slab Engineering
- COLORBOND® ROOFING WITH 25-YEAR WARRANTY
- QUALITY MIXER TAPS THROUGHOUT
- Council Fees covered in Base Price
- N2 Wind Rating
- Physical Termite Barrier System
- Ceiling Insulation Included
- Steel Frames and Trusses
- High Quality Bosch Kitchen Appliances
Tips when building with Ausmar Homes
- Ausmar are flexible with their designs, however, life will be easier if you can make as choices as you can during the design phase. The earlier you make choices, the more affordable it’ll be. Preparation is key to a smooth building experience.
- The negative reviews seemed to have issues at the very beginning of the process with salespeople.
Ausmar Homes Locations
The head office is located at 8 Flinders Land, Maroochydore, QLD 4558, Australia
Ausmar Display Homes
Visiting a display home is a great way to get a feel of a builder’s work. If you’re interested in visiting an Ausmar Homes display home, here are their locations in South East Queensland.