If you’re looking for house and land packages in the Logan area, you’re in the right place. Located near the Logan river with easy access to the highway, Logan is located about 45 minutes away from Brisbane and the Gold Coast. It’s a growing area due to land availability and relative affordability compared to nearby suburbs.
Building a home is one of the biggest projects you’ll ever undertake, so why go it alone? Whether you’re looking for house and land packages or are interested in a bespoke home builder, or just want an impartial expert on your side throughout your build, we’ve got you covered. Get in touch today to chat about your building project!
Home builders that are currently offering house and land packages in Logan
Oracle Building Corporation
What is a house and land package?
You’ve seen them advertised all over the internet, but what is a house and land package exactly? A house and land package is a deal where the purchase of the land and the construction of the house are combined into a single process. In other scenarios, you’ll need to purchase land and then find a builder, whereas, with a house and land package, this is taken care of in a single deal. These packages usually come about as a result of an agreement between land developers and building companies and therefore are common on development estates.
Advantages of a house and land package
- Less Stamp Duty: With a house and land package, you only need to pay stamp duty on the land component of the deal.
- More Streamlined: The process of building with a house and land package is much more linear than other options, particularly a bespoke home which involves many decisions.
- Potentially Cheaper: As strange as it may sound, it’s often cheaper to build a whole new house than to buy an existing one, particularly if the old house is in a high-demand location.
Drawbacks of a house and land package
- Hidden Costs: When visiting display homes, you need to remember that just because there’s ask for detailed home pricing from your builder so you know what you’re paying for.
- Lack of Choice: Everything action has a reaction and by simplifying the build process, you do sacrifice flexibility and choice in your build.
- Land Value: The biggest indicator of growth is unlikely to be the house itself, but rather the land. We’ve all heard stories of a rundown shack by the beach selling for millions, which just proves a great location is what brings in the big bucks. With a development estate property, most of the value will be in the house, which does tend to hinder potential growth in the long run.
Is a house and land package a good choice for first home buyers?
Whether a house and land package is the perfect choice for you will depend more on you and your goals, more than on how many houses you’ve previously built. With new home grants, a house and land package can be a great way to get your foot in the door. However, they tend to be less flexible, both in terms of location and making changes to home designs.
Why build in Logan?
Logan is a popular place due to its affordability and availability of land, but is it the right place for you? Here are some of the pros and cons of living in Logan.
- A booming property market with some good potential growth.
- Logan Central provides is the main business district, providing employment to Logan residents.
- Lower house prices than similar areas in the Brisbane area.
- Plenty of parks and recreation options
- Strong Public transport system.
- The area doesn’t have a great reputation and is known for having a high crime rate, especially in certain suburbs.
- Unemployment rates are high, especially among younger people.
- This above reputation may make reselling difficult, however, these things can change over time. A lot of areas that are highly regarded now had a much different reputation thirty years ago.
Useful Stats for Logan
Median Listing Price: $417,000 (up 28.30% from last year)
Median Weekly Rent: $365 p/w
Rental Yield: 4.55%
Popular home design options in Logan
We can help you find the best house and land packages in Logan – free of charge!
At Buildi, we help you find the right builder, save time, reduce stress and stay on budget.
How We Can Help You
Building a home is one of the biggest decisions you’ll ever make. At Buildi, we’ll be there throughout the entire building process, guiding you step by step so you can avoid any pitfalls. We will help you by following these steps.
- Free Consultation – We will sit with you to understand what you are looking to accomplish.
- Due Diligence – We work with you to ensure you’re buying the right block of land at the right price without hidden problems.
- Builders tender – We will take your requirements out to the market of builders and they will bid to win your business.
- Present solutions – We will compile the top 3 options and present you with a comprehensive proposal on builders’ strengths & weaknesses along with prices and specifications.
- Contract Signing – We will work with you and your selected builder to ensure there is full transparency in what you are entering into.
- Building your home – We work closely with the builder to ensure all service levels are met and your project is on schedule.