An area known for its luxurious beaches, trendy restaurants and beautiful hinterlands, Noosa is a popular area for both tourists, those looking to rent and potential home buyers. Located about an hour and a half north of Brisbane, Noosa is a renowned location with beautiful features. There are many popular suburbs and beautiful locations for a new house. So, if life by the beach ticks all the boxes for you, you’re in the right place. Today’s article is all about the house and land packages in the Noosa Region, specifically who’s offering them. We’ll also look at the pros and cons of these promotions and provide you with the information to help decide whether a house and land package is right for you.
If you’re looking for help with building your new home, Buildi is here to help. We’re here to give power back to the consumer. Our company is independently operated and owned allowing our opinions to be impartial. We can match you with the perfect builder for you and guide you through every step of the process. Contact us today to find out more.
What is a house and land package?
When building a house, two of the major purchases you’ll need to make are the land and organising a builder. Properties are often bought first and then the buyer will need to find a local builder willing to work on the site. This step is already taken care of with a house and land package, as the land you purchase will already have a builder attached.
Advantages of a house and land package
Building a house can be stressful even for people who’ve done it before. While a house and land package doesn’t eliminate this completely, for some people, a more streamlined approach could be the right move.
Less Stamp Duty
Building a new house is always a pricey endeavour, so any saving is a blessing. A big advantage of a house and land package over buying an established house is that you’ll only have to pay stamp duty on the land proportion of your deal. This could save you thousands of dollars.
Drawbacks of a house and land package
Lack of Choice
Streamlining the process has to come at the cost of choice and flexibility. For example, you’re locked into the builder attached to the land, whereas if you buy the lot separately you have more options. Whether this is a big deal will vary case by case.
When you visit a display home, you’ll know certain things like the furniture are only there for show. What might not be so apparent is many of the fixtures, fittings, features and facades won’t be standard inclusions covered in the advertised price. Other features like fencing, pools and landscaping
Is a house and land package a good choice for first-home buyers?
The more important question is whether a house and land package is ideal for you and your project. Will it meet all your goals? Will you end up with the house you’re after? For example, someone who has a very specific design in mind would likely be better off hiring a bespoke builder. There isn’t a blanket solution for all home buyers, so it’s worth researching your options and having a chat with an expert about your new build.
Why build in Noosa?
Noosa is a great option for those looking to live the coastal lifestyle. It’s a popular area for retirees, families and those who love the area. It is known for being an expensive area, so it may not be in everyone’s price range.
- Close to the beach and hinterlands
- A wide variety of restaurants and shopping.
- Not far from the Sunshine Coast
- Expensive area – both when it comes to buying property and living expenses.
- Being a popular tourist attraction means that during weekends and holidays, the area will be packed.
Popular home design options in Noosa
Single Storey Home Designs
Double Storey Home Designs
Split-Level Home Designs
We can help you find the best house and land packages in Noosa – free of charge!
At Buildi, we help you find the right builder, save time, reduce stress and stay on budget.
How We Can Help You
Building a home is one of the biggest decisions you’ll ever make. At Buildi, we’ll be there throughout the entire building process, guiding you step by step so you can avoid any pitfalls. We will help you by following these steps.
- Free Consultation – We will sit with you to understand what you are looking to accomplish.
- Due Diligence – We work with you to ensure you’re buying the right block of land at the right price without hidden problems.
- Builders tender – We will take your requirements out to the market of builders and they will bid to win your business.
- Present solutions – We will compile the top 3 options and present you with a comprehensive proposal on builders’ strengths & weaknesses along with prices and specifications.
- Contract Signing – We will work with you and your selected builder to ensure there is full transparency in what you are entering into.
- Building your home – We work closely with the builder to ensure all service levels are met and your project is on schedule.