Looking for land for sale to build your new home in the increasingly competitive Brisbane property market? Pallara is located 20 km from the heart of Brisbane and has been under the spotlight since Stockland established a master-planned community in the area. In today’s article, we’re taking a look at house and land packages for sale in Pallara.
Home builders that are currently offering house and land packages in Pallara
How We Can Help You
Building a home is one of the biggest decisions you’ll ever make in your life. At Buildi, we’ll be there throughout the entire building process, guiding you step by step so you can avoid any pitfalls. We will help you by following these steps.
- Free Consultation – We will sit with you to understand what you are looking to accomplish.
- Due Diligence – We work with you to ensure you’re buying the right block of land at the right price without hidden problems.
- Builders tender – We will take your requirements out to the market of builders and they will bid to win your business.
- Present solutions – We will compile the top 3 options and present you with a comprehensive proposal on builders’ strengths & weaknesses along with prices and specifications.
- Contract Signing – We will work with you and your selected builder to ensure there is full transparency in what you are entering into.
- Building your home – We work closely with the builder to ensure all service levels are met and your project is on schedule.
What is a house and land package?
A house and land package combines the process of buying land and hiring a builder into a single transaction. These often come about as a result of an agreement between a land developer and a builder. House and land packages are most commonly found in master-planned communities where a lot of land is released in stages.
Advantages of a house and land package
Building a new home can be an overwhelming process. One of the biggest selling points of a house and land package is that it makes the process simpler. This can mean less flexibility and choice in terms of design and choices, but this will matter to some people more than others.
Great way to purchase a home in a new community
Due to their popularity in development communities, a house and land package is a great way to buy a home in a new, developing community. The area will be full of new houses, new facilities and services, and parklands.
Drawbacks of a house and land package
No matter how streamlined or simple your building process is, you must be thorough when checking your contract. Never assume anything, especially when it comes to inclusions and what your quoted price covers. Buildi can help look over your contract, and let you know if there’s anything suspicious.
Smaller Land Size
The goal of master-planned communities is to sell as many blocks as possible. This means the lots are often on the smaller side. While this will give a friendly, neighbourhood vibe to some, it’ll feel claustrophobic to others.
Less choice in location and builder
When buying a house and land package, your choice of location and builder is very much limited. If you’re looking for more flexibility, we’d recommend looking into a knock-down rebuild.
Why build in Pallara?
Pallara is located 28 mins drive (20.9 km) from the Brisbane CBD and offers some of the most affordable land and house options in Brisbane. With land becoming harder to come by, there is a lot of potential for capital growth in Pallara. For those looking to invest in rental properties, Pallara has quite a high rental yield at 3.72%. Potentially a great area for a family home with larger blocks of registered land available than suburbs closer to the city.
Quick Stats for Pallara
Median House price: $768,000
Average weekly rent: $550 per week
Median yield: 3.72%