Been considering a new home in Toowoomba? If you’re looking for a beautiful location that mixes city and rural life, perhaps the Toowoomba region offers the complete package. Today’s article is all about house and land packages in Toowoomba. If you’ve been searching for what’s available on the real estate market, you’ve no doubt come across house and land packages, so we’ll take a quick look at what’s available and from who.
Looking for some further advice on house and land packages, Toowoomba builders or need some assistance with your building journey? Buildi is here to provide impartial advice, so why not get in touch today?
Home builders that are currently offering house and land packages in Toowoomba
Stroud Homes Toowoomba
Stroud Homes was founded by James Stroud in 2005, and have 16 years of design and building experience. They now build all over Australia including locations throughout Queensland, New South Wales and Victoria.
Gordon Burke Constructions
One of Toowoomba’s most experienced and longest established builders, having been in business since 1959. They’ve built over 3500 homes in the Toowoomba region.
Hontondo Homes Toowoomba
Hotondo Homes has one display home to visit in Toowoomba. You’ll need to book an appointment if you’d like to visit the house. They’ve won a Master Builders Association award for their work on sloping sites, so are worth looking into if you’re working with slanted land.
G.J. Gardner Homes Toowoomba
G.J. Gardner Homes is one of the biggest builders in the country and have operated in Brisbane for over 37 years.
- One of the biggest builders in the country, with over 36,000 builds to their name.
- Lots of variety in home designs.
- They’re a franchised business, meaning different locations will offer completely different experiences
- Upgraded display homes can be misleading
- Prices can vary depending on where you’re building
Top of the Range Builders
Formed in 2007, by two local builders joining forces, Top of the Range Builders promises to pass savings onto their clients. They have a combined experience of over 50 years and offer custom designs.
Arden Vale Homes
An award-winning local builder who specialises in large family homes. They have display homes in The Avenues of Highlands
Paragon Homes Toowoomba
Paragon Homes is a custom home builder who offers professional service in knock-down rebuilds (KDR), new home builds, custom builds, single & double-storey homes, split level homes, luxury homes, duplexes, acreage homes, small homes & dual occupancy homes.
Dixon Homes Toowoomba
Founded in 1959, Dixon Homes is a franchised builder with locations across the East Coast of Australia. As their ‘More For Less’ motto suggests, Dixon Homes heavily market themselves on their affordability.
McCarthy is a Brisbane-based builder founded as a family-operated business in 1999.
- Known for their Hampton-style homes in Brisbane.
- Their ability to take on unusually shaped blocks makes them a viable option for those with blocks other builders won’t touch.
- A strength of McCarthy is their organised process that keeps your build moving forward.
McLachlan Homes are a family-owned, award-winning custom builder with locations from Sunshine Coast to Brisbane. Their motto is ‘Build around Lifestyle’ and they promise a more personalised experience than other builders.
- Flexible with designs.
- Offer knockdown rebuilds
- Some communication issues
Stylemaster Homes is a South-East Queensland-based builder who builds in Brisbane, Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast and lots of places in between. They’re one of Queensland’s most awarded home builders, with many awards coming from the HIA and Master Builders Association, which is impressive.
- Flexible with designs
- Specialise in building in Brisbane.
What is a house and land package?
A house and land package combines the buying of the land and the building of your home into a single, streamlined process. This usually comes as a result of a deal between a land developer and a builder and is often offered along with land releases in estates.
Advantages of a house and land package
Can be a quicker process so you’ll end up with a new home sooner.
Smaller Land Size (depends on the area you’re buying in).
Popular in estates
Often sought after by those looking for an investment property.
Drawbacks of a house and land package
There’s an inherent lack of choice
Limited options with materials and inclusions
No real choice when it comes to locations
Little to no flexibility with floorplans
Is a house and land package a good choice for first home buyers?
Without knowing your specific situation, it’s difficult to say whether a house and land package is the best choice for you. It depends on the buyer and what they’re after more than whether or not this is their first home build. For example, some people like to be involved and for them, a house and land package could be a frustrating experience.
For those who are worried about making the wrong decisions, a house and land package isn’t a failsafe solution. The best way to avoid mistakes is to work with someone with experience in the building industry. Buildi offers a variety of services from helping you find the right builder, to looking over your contract to make sure everything is as it should be. With Buildi on your side, you can have convenience on your side without negating any flexibility or choice.
Why build in Toowoomba?
A Toowoomba house could be a perfect fit for a growing family looking for a mixture of city and country lifestyle. Toowoomba has some promise as a place to invest or to live and is a popular area to visit.
What we like ✅
- Great mixture of city and the country
- Beautiful gardens and parklands (it’s called the Garden City for a reason!)
- A lot of great facilities (restaurants, schools, ect)
What we didn’t like⛔️:
- Winters are very cold
- Long Way to the beach
- It’s quite a drive to Brisbane.
Here are some quick stats about Toowoomba:
Median House: $425,000
Median Weekly Rent: $400
Rental Yield: 4.89%
There are a few options when it comes to display homes if you’re interested in seeing the work of local builders. Click here to read our guide to display options in Toowoomba.
Popular home design options in Toowoomba
We can help you find the best house and land packages in Toowoomba – free of charge!
Buildi is here to help at every step along the way in your building experience. We’ll find the builder who is the right fit. Contact us today to begin discussing your project.
At Buildi, we help you find the right builder, save time, reduce stress and stay on budget.
How We Can Help You
Building a home is one of the biggest decisions you’ll ever make. At Buildi, we’ll be there throughout the entire building process, guiding you step by step so you can avoid any pitfalls. We will help you by following these steps.
- Free Consultation – We will sit with you to understand what you are looking to accomplish.
- Due Diligence – We work with you to ensure you’re buying the right block of land at the right price without hidden problems.
- Builders tender – We will take your requirements out to the market of builders and they will bid to win your business.
- Present solutions – We will compile the top 3 options and present you with a comprehensive proposal on builders’ strengths & weaknesses along with prices and specifications.
- Contract Signing – We will work with you and your selected builder to ensure there is full transparency in what you are entering into.
- Building your home – We work closely with the builder to ensure all service levels are met and your project is on schedule.