In today’s world, community awareness of environmental sustainability has never been higher. Whether you’re looking to lower your energy bills or lower your environmental footprint, or both, there are many advantages to a sustainable design. Not only that, but building homes to match your environment will lead to much more comfortable living space for you and your family. Today, Eco Homes Brisbane is what we’re going to look at. We’ll take a closer look at which builders have eco-friendly options and also provide tips on how to improve the environmental impact of your new home.
Some of the other key benefits of an eco-house include:
- Improved air quality
- Adds value to your property (eco-friendly features are becoming more in demand).
- Innovative designs
- Use fewer natural resources.
For a more detailed look at the nitty-gritty details of an eco-friendly home, from energy star ratings to what questions to ask a builder to test their environmental credentials, have a look at our complete sustainable home guide by clicking the link below.
How We Can Help You
Building a home is one of the biggest decisions you’ll ever make in your life. At Buildi, we’ll be there throughout the entire building process, guiding you step by step so you can avoid any pitfalls. We will help you by following these steps.
- Free Consultation – We will sit with you to understand what you are looking to accomplish.
- Due Diligence – We work with you to ensure you’re buying the right block of land at the right price without hidden problems.
- Builders tender – We will take your requirements out to the market of builders and they will bid to win your business.
- Present solutions – We will compile the top 3 options and present you with a comprehensive proposal on builders’ strengths & weaknesses along with prices and specifications.
- Contract Signing – We will work with you and your selected builder to ensure there is full transparency in what you are entering into.
- Building your home – We work closely with the builder to ensure all service levels are met and your project is on schedule.
Eco Home builders in Brisbane
There are various steps builders can take to be more environmentally responsible including incorporating natural materials, and steps taken during construction.
Thompson Sustainable Homes
What are the design elements of energy-efficient homes?
There are a few key ways for ventilating:
- natural ventilation
- combination of natural and mechanical methods
- mechanical ventilation
Windows and Doors
You might be surprised to learn that up to 40% of your cooling and heating can be lost through your windows and doors. Therefore, your choice of these features can help make your home more environmentally sound and cost-effective year-round. Double-glazing is becoming more and more popular in Australia and can be a fantastic way to reduce your energy build.
Insulation is the layer of material between your walls, floors, and ceiling that is one of the biggest influences on the temperature. It’s also one of the most cost-effective ways of controlling the temperature in your house.
One of the defining images of sustainable housing is solar panels on the roof. Technology is constantly evolving and has come a long way since it first came onto the market. Installation is still a little pricey, but nowhere near the cost, it was even ten years ago.