Considering living in the Northern suburbs of Brisbane? Today we’re looking at house and land packages in Chermside. Chermside West may be the place to buy a property to build the right home for your family. It’s one of North Brisbane’s most popular areas for shopping with a variety of stores and restaurants in its Westfield Centre. It also offers close proximity to both the Brisbane CBD and its northern suburbs.
Home builders that are currently offering house and land packages in Chermside
GJ Gardner Homes
At Buildi, we help you find the right builder, save time, reduce stress and stay on budget.
How We Can Help You
Building a home is one of the biggest decisions you’ll ever make. At Buildi, we’ll be there throughout the entire building process, guiding you step by step so you can avoid any pitfalls. We will help you by following these steps.
- Free Consultation – We will sit with you to understand what you are looking to accomplish.
- Due Diligence – We work with you to ensure you’re buying the right block of land at the right price without hidden problems.
- Builders tender – We will take your requirements out to the market of builders and they will bid to win your business.
- Present solutions – We will compile the top 3 options and present you with a comprehensive proposal on builders’ strengths & weaknesses along with prices and specifications.
- Contract Signing – We will work with you and your selected builder to ensure there is full transparency in what you are entering into.
- Building your home – We work closely with the builder to ensure all service levels are met and your project is on schedule.
What is a house and land package?
A house and land package combines the purchasing of the land and the builder for your new house into a single process. They usually come as a result of land developers and builders working together. Because two parties are usually involved, you’ll still need to sign two separate contracts.
Advantages of a house and land package
- Streamlined process
- Easy to secure finance
- More convenient
Drawbacks of a house and land package
- Less flexibility than with a custom build
- Fewer options in location than a knockdown rebuild
- Smaller land size when you buy on development estates
Why build in Chermside?
Is Chermside the best place for your new home? A good place for families and is close to a variety of facilities.
- Easy access to shops, schools and parks.
- Short drive to the Brisbane CBD
- Good access to transport (buses, trains not so much)
- Traffic can get very busy, especially on work days during peak-hour. A lot of people living in the Northern Suburbs travel through Chermside to get to the city.
- Not much nightlife
- Doesn’t have its own station
- The shopping centre is one of the most popular in the city, probably the biggest on the North side of Brisbane.