Ripley is a suburb on the south side of the Ipswich region, which offers a rural landscape, with both suburban and acreage options. Popular with both families and retirees, Ripley Valley is a growing community with a development estate recently being finished in the area. Today’s article is all about the house and land packages Ripley has to offer. We’ll take a quick look at what these packages involve, the pros and cons, and what some of the most popular designs in the area are.
The purpose of this article is to provide you with some unbiased info for your building journey. If you’d like some more personalised, direct advice, get in touch with Buildi today. We’re here to help home buyers along with the
Home builders that are currently offering house and land packages in Ripley
BOLD Living is a boutique builder, who has been building homes in Brisbane since 2010.
Being locally based, they have a good grasp on the needs of Brisbane home builders and are flexible with their designs.
Brighton Homes was established in 2018 as the Southeast Queensland-focused builder of the MJH Group.
- One of the newer builders on the market.
- Offer designs that are up to date with modern trends
- Upfront about their costs.
- You will have 2 points of contact with the people in charge of your build; a site supervisor and a project coordinator, so if one is busy, call the other.
- Brighton offers a 20-week timeframe to finish your build.
Burbank is an Australian building company founded in Melbourne in 1983.
They offer a range of house and land packages, the below just being a quick sample.
Coral Homes was founded in 1990 and are a true volume builder.
- None of their designs is customisable, but they have quite a range.
- Display Homes in Aura Estate and Harmony Estate. They’ve got a lot of display homes in Brisbane as well, so it’s easy to get an idea of their craftsmanship.
- Coral Homes will show you design plans relative to your block in the early stages of your build.
- Their initial quotes are surprisingly detailed.
- They can leave you feeling left in the dark with their segmented building process.
Metricon is a Victorian-based builder that builds 5000 homes nationally per year.
- Has some of the most on-trend home designs in the state.
- They also have a variety of ranges for different budgets, including Homesolutions for those looking to build their very first home.
- Can have too many cooks in the kitchen, so you’ll want a top-notch site supervisor to keep the entire process on track.
- Offer some good options for a knockdown rebuild. You’ll need to organise the demolition yourself.
- Plenty of display homes on the Sunshine Coast and Brisbane.
Stylemaster Homes is a South-East Queensland-based builder who builds in Brisbane, Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast and lots of places in between. They’re one of Queensland’s most awarded home builders, with many awards coming from the HIA and Master Builders Association, which is impressive.
- Flexible with designs
- Specialise in building in Brisbane.
At Buildi, we help you find the right builder, save time, reduce stress and stay on budget.
How We Can Help You
Building a home is one of the biggest decisions you’ll ever make. At Buildi, we’ll be there throughout the entire building process, guiding you step by step so you can avoid any pitfalls. We will help you by following these steps.
- Free Consultation – We will sit with you to understand what you are looking to accomplish.
- Due Diligence – We work with you to ensure you’re buying the right block of land at the right price without hidden problems.
- Builders tender – We will take your requirements out to the market of builders and they will bid to win your business.
- Present solutions – We will compile the top 3 options and present you with a comprehensive proposal on builders’ strengths & weaknesses along with prices and specifications.
- Contract Signing – We will work with you and your selected builder to ensure there is full transparency in what you are entering into.
- Building your home – We work closely with the builder to ensure all service levels are met and your project is on schedule.
What is a house and land package?
Advantages of a house and land package
- A More Streamlined process
- Opportunity to become part of a new community
- Often available in desirable, reliable locations.
Drawbacks of a house and land package
- Less Choice in terms of materials
- Less Flexibility with floorplans
- Due to the lack of choice, builders tend to hold all the cards, leaving the customer with little in the way of leverage.
Is a house and land package a good choice for first home buyers?
Without knowing your specific situation, it’s difficult to say whether a house and land package is the best choice for you. It depends on the buyer and what they’re after more than whether or not this is their first home build. For example, some people like to be involved and for them, a house and land package could be a frustrating experience.
For those who are worried about making the wrong decisions, a house and land package isn’t a failsafe solution. The best way to avoid mistakes is to work with someone with experience in the building industry. Buildi offers a variety of services from helping you find the right builder, to looking over your contract to make sure everything is as it should be. With Buildi on your side, you can have convenience on your side without negating any flexibility or choice.
Why build in Ripley?
Ripley has a lot of potential, both as a place to settle down and as somewhere for investment properties. In terms of surroundings, it’ll suit those who like the rural vibe more than anyone after a beachy or city feel. Close to the centenary highway, it is located about 45 mins from the Brisbane CBD and around the same distance to the Gold Coast.
Here are some quick stats for Ripley:
Population: 1,403 (according to latest census
Median House Price: $550,000 (31.4% growth in the last 12 months).
Median Rent Price: $350 per week.
Rental Yield: 4.7%
There’s also the master-planned community, Providence, in South Ripley which could be an option for anyone looking for a new home in the Ripley area.
Popular home design options in Ripley
Single Storey Homes
Double Storey Homes
We can help you find the best house and land packages in Ripley – free of charge!
However, you approach it, building a new house is going to be one of the biggest projects you ever undertake. There’ll be many decisions and steps along the way that it’s only natural to start wondering, “Am I doing this right?” Luckily, you don’t need to go it alone.
Buildi is here to advocate for the customer, and to help you through every step of your building journey. We’ll take your project to our panel of builders and have them compete for your business. Throughout the rest of the build, we will be by your side, making sure everything goes to plan and that you end up with your dream home.